Full Warranty Statement
One-Year Limited Warranty
Joy Home, Inc. (“Joy”) warrants the Joy Album™ and accessories (“the product”) against defects in materials and workmanship for one year from the date of original shipment. Only original, unaltered and unmodified materials and workmanship are covered by this warranty. Joy does not warrant against normal wear and tear, accident, improper care or negligence. Damage not covered under warranty may be repaired for a reasonable rate and a fee will be charged for return shipping.
What isn’t covered?
Joy is not responsible for product malfunctions caused by failure to follow directions in the User Manual. Additionally, Joy disclaims all liability in any of the following cases:
- Use of the Product other than in accordance with our published specifications.
- Modifications, alterations, adjustments or repairs to the Product made by a party other than one we authorize.
- Failure by you or a third party to comply with environmental and storage requirements for the product specified by us, including, without limitation, temperature or humidity ranges.
- Damage from external causes such as dirt, sand, battery leakage, power surges, or improper usage of any electrical source.
- Use of the product in combination with any third-party devices or products that we have not provided or recommended to you.
- Any damage to property or persons caused by your use of the product that is not caused by material defect, including your failure to understand the functionalities of the product.
- Attempting to charge the Product with any charger other than the one provided by Joy.
- Attempting to affix anything to the product.
- Failing to make sure that any other person who uses the Product also complies with these terms and any other guidance we provide you, whether this guidance is included in writing with the product or made available on our website.
- Any continued use of the product after you detect any material defect.
- Any other improper use of the product.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS IS LIMITED TO REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR REFUND AS SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT. NEITHER ANY PERFORMANCE OR OTHER CONDUCT, NOR ANY ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION, STATEMENT OR ADVICE PROVIDED BY US OR ANY OF OUR SUPPLIERS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES WILL CREATE A WARRANTY, OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OR DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
How do I submit a warranty claim?
To get started, contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you submit a valid claim under this warranty, we will send you a prepaid shipping label (or a carton with prepaid shipping, if your original packaging is not available) to return the product to us. Be sure to include all components of the product - the Joy Album, the Joy Album Charging Base and the power cord. We will, at our option and expense, repair the product and return it to you at within a reasonable period of time, or if we cannot repair the problem after two (2) attempts, we will, at your option replace the product (either with a new or refurbished unit of equal and comparable quality), or if determined that doing either of the foregoing is impractical, we will refund to you the original amount you paid for the product. If you receive a replacement unit, your warranty will be valid for the remaining duration of the original warranty on the product it is replacing. Products that are repaired by Joy or an authorized repair facility are warranted for the remainder of the one-year policy or 30 days from the date of the repair, whichever is longer. You may be required to furnish proof of purchase details when making a claim under this warranty.
Available service options are dependent on the country in which service is requested and may be restricted to the original country of sale. International shipping charges may apply, depending on your location. By returning your product, you release ownership of it. We are not responsible for any content or information stored in any product you return to us, whether under warranty or not.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND OUR ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. OUR LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT, NOR SHALL WE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
What can you do in case of a dispute with us?
The dispute resolution procedure available on our website at joy.co/ToS is available to you if you believe that we have not performed our obligations under this limited warranty.